I'm always busy, but I've been extra busy these last few months.
I listen to podcasts while walking to and from work and while at the gym. This gives me a few hours a week to get through my favourites.
- Heavyweight — Host Jonathan Goldstein tracks down people with something unresolved in their past, and helps them resolve it. Super quirky and charming.
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking — Nora McInerny interviews people who have been through some seriously awful stuff. This one sounds like a downer but it's often uplifting, hilarious, and eye-opening.
- The Heart — Host Kaitlin Prest creates blissfully real audio stories. The miniseason titled "No" looks back at her relationship with consent throughout her life and is one of the most intense things I've ever listened to.
I've been on another mashups kick recently, re-listening to a lot of my old favourite albums.
I don't read as often as I'd like to, but I currently have bookmarks in:
- The Anthologist by Nicholson Baker
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain